student success statement

"I have been asked what I mean by "word of honor."I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls -- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground -- there is a possibility that in some way  or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of never to cross  it. can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first."
Image result for Karl G. Maeser
Karl G. Maeser 

I think that this quote means Karl was a man of his word. I think it also means he'd rather die and keep his word than to break it. I sort of agree with this quote. I mean I would keep my word but not that far of an extent to die for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Ask yourself is it right or wrong and act accordingly."